Monday, January 31, 2005

Oh for crying out loud!

No really.

Mommy Blog Hate has spread to the New York Times.

What is so wrong about writing about yourself? Nothing, right? But apparently if you are a parent everything in the world is wrong with it.

Because I write about my life as a mom I am invading my children's privacy and they will resent me for this. Did you know that? Well thank you David Hochman for writing an article with NO SLANT AT ALL and thus educating me about why mommy blogs are so narcissistic.

I cannot even begin to formulate a coherent post about all the things in this article that irritate the f*ck out of me.

I guess that when my mother told her friends and coworkers about things that happened in my life and her's as a mom she was invading my privacy. Well hell, I think I will promptly start hating her for that, instead of understanding her natural concern and pride as a MOTHER.

Oh, and for heaven's sake, apparently I am not supposed to like reading other mommy blogs either. Okay everyone on my blogroll, if you are a mommy blog raise your hands so I can promptly delete you and stop reading you forever. Because why on earth would I be interested in your lives? Hmm, maybe because I RELATE TO YOU PEOPLE!

Well hit me in the head and call me an idiot, I guess I'm just so self-absorbed that someone better call Child Protective Services right away. HOW DARE I write about my life. And for the love of GOD, if I am going to write about my life I should at least leave out all of the mommy parts.

Oh go piss on yourself you self-righteous know-it-all prigs. Come spend ONE WEEK in my job and see how well you do and what forms of self-preservation you seek. I DARE YOU.