Thursday, January 27, 2005

Swimming...

One of my little known and hardly ever talked about dreams has been to own a business.

A place to call my own. A place where no one bosses me and I make the decisions. Where I am not merely a peon.

That dream is very close to becoming reality. I will confess, that the dream has always included a bookstore though. My reality does not include that dreamed of bookstore, but rather another kind of shop all together. But what my reality does include is a myriad, nay, verily a labyrinth of details so mind boggling 'tis overwhelming.

My mind is swimming people. It's enough to make a person seriously reconsider what one is getting into. But what is life but for living? For taking chances? For seizing opportunity?

CARPE DIEM! I say, shaking my fist at the heavens.

Okay, well maybe not really.

Perhaps it seems cliche to wax on about seizing the day. But as Snoring Daddy often spouts, "Cliches become cliches because they are true so very often."